Use your stash, fats, or fabric by the metre, or a combination of them all to make this gorgeous quilt. Pattern includes two sizes.
Finished size – Small: 170cm x 170cm OR Large: 200cm x 200cm
- Rotary cutter
- Scissors or thread clippers
- Neutral coloured thread
- Sewing machine in good working order with a 1⁄4” foot
Fabric requirements: This Quilt can be made using your Stash, Fat 1/4’s or Fabric by the metre, or a combination, the choice is yours.
All amounts in RED indicate the larger size quilt.
- Main fabric – One fabric may be best here. Although piecing pieces together to get the size you need will work. Keep the colour different from the body of the quilt – this is the feature fabric.
- Background – large stash of similar colours that will contrast the rest of the quilt.
- Body of the quilt – large stash of mixed fabrics to contrast your background.
- Binding – approx. 1/2mt this needs to be a fabric that will not blend with your other fabrics.
- Fat 1⁄4’s:
- Main fabric – 8 10 fat 1⁄4’s of similar colours (Feature fabric)
- Background – 10 15 fat 1⁄4’s
- Body of the quilt –
- Contrasts 1 and 4 = 7 10 fat 1⁄4’s
- Contrasts 2 and 5 = 6 8 fat 1⁄4’s
- Contrast 3 = 2 2 fat 1⁄4’s
- Binding – approx 1/2mt, this needs to be a fabric that will not blend with your other fabrics.
- By the metre:
- The Main fabric is a feature fabric, it it used throughout the quilt, choose this fabric first then choose the contrasts that will work well with this fabric.
- Main fabric – 1.5mts 1.8mts
- Background – 2mts 3.3mts
- Contrast 1 – 60cm 80cm
- Contrast 2 – 60cm 70cm
- Contrast 3 – 30cm 40cm
- Contrast 4 – 80cm 1.2mt
- Contrast 5 – 40cm 60cm
- Binding – 50cm 60cm
* This product is a PDF e-pattern that you download after purchase.
* Price is exclusive of GST, which will be added during checkout for all Australian customers.